Understanding FinTech is a 2-day workshop for the executives and staff of Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) as well as academicians and students, who want to have a comprehensive overview and practical approach to understanding FinTech. This covers key areas of interest such as capital market, banking, takaful, crowdfunding, blockchain, and cryptocurrencies.
FinTech is the merger of financial services with the technology and has become a major buzzword in the economy globally and in Islamic Finance which is generally accepted to have emerged two months after the beginning of 2008 global crisis. It is expected to affect not only the financial services but our lives just as the internet had in the near past.
The workshop is organized in a way that will allow delegates to learn from each other’s experiences through speaker presentations of best practices and challenges on the theme and through personal interaction among delegates and speakers and among delegates themselves.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
● Overview of Fintech, Fintech Ecosystems
● Blockchain applications other than cryptocurrencies
● Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Etherium, Ripple
● Payment Systems, Digital Commerce, Mobile Payments
● Alternative Financing P2P and Crowdfunding
● FinTech Landscape, State of FinTech in IDB Member Countries
● Governance and Fintech
● Financial Inclusion, Microfinance, Micro-Takaful and Fintech
● Artificial Intelligence
WHO WILL BENEFIT
● C-levels, executives and middle management of Islamic financial institutions involved in:
○ Corporate strategy
○ New business and/or product development
○ Technology banking
○ Branch/channel management
● Risk managers
● Legal counsel
● Islamic financial institutions regulators particularly those in supervision department
● Capital markets regulators regulating P2P exchanges and crowdfunding platforms
● Exchanges and platform providers
● Gain basic understanding of technology innovation and its impact on Islamic banking and finance
● Understand the impact of technology innovation and FinTech on your Islamic Financial Institution’s future growth and profitability
● Understand Shariah and other risk areas associated with technology disruption
● Meet and network face-to-face with leading Islamic FinTech entrepreneurs and learn how to better work with FinTechs, locally, regionally and internationally
● Strategize on how to best deal with technology disruption and FinTech, including possible modes of FinTech business match making collaboration
All details and general conditions are given in the attached Aide Memoire.
It is highly recommended to fill in the Application form electronically through ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Click here for flyer.